Methods of Payment & Collection Information
- Payment is required by bank transfer on immediate receipt of your invoice, which will be sent via email following the sale.
Our bank details are:
HSBC Bank Plc, 4 Robertson Street, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 1HW
Account Name – Philippa H Deeley Ltd – Clients Deposit Account
Sort Code – 40 23 18
Account Number – 33665097
Swift Code – MIDLGB22
IBAN – GB72MIDL40231833665097
- If you bid in person payment is also required by bank transfer. If you are unable to pay via this method please do not bid. For online buyers who bid via our Website or The Saleroom, an electronic payment request may be sent, at our discretion, by email if a debit card was registered in connection with our sale. This facility is not available to Easy Live Auction bidders who will be required to pay by bank transfer. We do not take cash and we do not have the facility to take card payments either in person or over the phone. There are no exceptions to these payment methods.
- All lots are subject to our Buyer’s Premium of 20%. We are not registered for VAT. Additional online bidding charges may also be added, depending on your choice of platform, and will be clearly listed. For further information on online bidding fees please visit our Bidding & Saleday page.
- All successful bidders will receive an invoice via email following the sale. This will include collection information and our bank details.
- All lots must be paid for by the Friday following the auction, including timed auctions. Please advise us of your collection arrangements when remote payment has been made.
- Following the sale staff members will return from our off-site auction venue to our offices at Quarry Farm, and remain on site until 5pm to process payments and enable buyers, who have paid, to collect their lots. Following on from this time all collections must be done by appointment.
- We do not have an in-house packing or shipping department. However, if your item(s) is/are small enough and suitable for postage in a standard padded envelope within the UK, we offer, at our discretion, to pack and send items via Royal Mail Special Delivery for a minimum charge of £20
- We recommend our local branch of Mailboxes Etc for all collection, packing and shipping requirements. Greg and Kim Milton are extremely helpful and will do whatever they can to find a shipping solution for all items and budgets. Their details are:
Mail Boxes Etc Tunbridge Wells
2 Mount Sion
- We do not offer a storage facility. We therefore require items to be collected as soon as possible. Items that are not collected within six weeks of the sale, and the buyer has not informed us of their collection arrangements, will be placed into storage and a storage charge will be payable by the buyer of £2 per day. If an item remains uncollected after six months it may be sold to re-coup the cost of storage, donated to charity or disposed of. Items that have incurred a storage charge within that six month period will not be handed over to the buyer until the charge has been paid. Where items have been sold to re-coup storage fees any deficit that remains once all costs have been met will be payable by the buyer. Any proceeds remaining will be returned to the buyer by BACS payment only.
- Please contact us for more information on our payment methods and collection requirements and visit our Terms of Business page for more information for buyers.