House Contents and Clearance
- The prospect of dealing with a house contents can be a daunting one, often tinged with sadness and a sense of uncertainty as to how best to proceed. Sometimes a formal valuation for probate is required, or items may need a valuation for sale, both of which are services we provide.
- When dealing with the disposal of a house contents we are initially able to assist by offering free advice. If there are items that we are able to include within our sales then we can provide a free valuation for sale. If there are other items such as furniture and general household goods which we do not sell, but are saleable elsewhere, we can offer guidance and the recommendation of other salerooms and individuals who could assist.
- Our trusted and recommended haulier will be able to provide a haulage service (including packing if required) for the saleable items and a clearance service for the remainder if needed.
- Solicitors in particular use this service as they are confident that their client’s possessions are dealt with in a transparent manner that will achieve the best outcome, with limited fuss and confusion. We can also be sure that items such as documents, jewellery and money that may emerge during the clearance process will be brought to our attention and can be dealt with accordingly.
- J Vater and Co. have always been our preferred haulier and we work closely with them to provide a discreet, careful, considerate and hassle free haulage and clearance service. Justin Vater works with trustworthy individuals to provide a two-man team, and clients are always extremely happy with their quality of work and service. Justin works with many salerooms nationwide and is well-known and respected within the antiques trade for his careful handling of goods and reliability. For contact details please visit our Useful Links page
- If you require any further information on this service and wish to discuss your own situation please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do all that we can to assist.